Flowers are the one item that can be used to decorate on any occasion. Flowers are the savers for the people who forget to buy gifts and they are also a good idea when you do not have enough time to spend buying a gift. You use all the types of flowers for decorations like fresh flowers, dried flowers, and also artificial flowers. The flowers can change a dull place with positivity all around. If you live in Singapore and searching for the best florist around you then your search is ended as you will not find any other better than jurong florist. There are many uses of the flowers other than decoration and making bouquets. For many people, flowers symbolize a token of love, purity, and good fortune. Let us see some of the other uses of flowers.
- Source of food: All the food items which come in vegetarian are the source of the flowers. Without flowers, it is very difficult for the people who do not eat meat. There is some type of flowers which we consume the as it is they are cauliflower, calendula and many more.
- Source of honey: You all very well know that honey is formed by the honey bee nectar. The honey bees fly and suck all the nectar from the flowers and fill the honeycombs. Once the nectar is completely released in the honeycomb then it changes and we get the sweet honey. Honey is used in many medicines.
- Source of medicine: Many flowers have some properties which can be used to treat many health conditions like cancer. You also get different types of oils from the flowers which are very useful.
- Perfumes and scent: Each flower has some sort of odor in them but most of them have a good fragrance which is extorted in the form of oils. These oils are then passed through some process and we get the best perfumes and scents in the world.
- Decoration: The most common usage of flowers is in the form of decoration. They are used in many places like worship places, on any special occasion, and many other places. The color and beauty of the flowers mesmerize the people.
- Dyes and colors: The different parts of the flowers like petals are used as natural dyes. They are safer than non-natural dyes you can use them regularly without any worries. The saffron petals are used to get yellow color in many dishes and drinks.
- Insect repellents: It is very common, for all of us to use insect repellents to get rid of insects like cockroaches, mosquitoes, and others. But these synthetic repellents may affect the health of humans. To avoid health issues it is better to use repellents made out of flowers extract.
Hope this information has enlightened you with all the uses of flowers.